ILLUSTRATION is a language.
AND I translate.
I'm a Canadian-born freelance illustrator based in Germany. Graphic art has been my profession for more than 25 years, and I offer digital and hand-made solutions. I don't need to explain the importance of images (since you're already here) but these are some essential uses from my personal point of view:
• can often describe a subject which a photo can not, especially when it gets abstract.
• describes precisely and still leaves space for the viewer's own imagination.
• creates an image, a situation or even a story and emphasizes an intended message.
• will give an individual style to a subject matter.
• might cut a long story short.